Taiwan MOE Scholarship to Enrichment your Chinese Language 2018
Scholarship to Enrich your Chinese Language not only come from Mainland China its also come from Taiwan.
Mandarin Language Enrichment Scholarships are available for pursuing undertake Chinese Language courses at a registered Mandarin Language Center approved by the MOE.
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage international students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao SAR students are not eligible) to undertake Chinese Language courses in the Republic of China (Taiwan); in order to provide them with opportunities to increase their understanding of Taiwanese culture and society, and to promote mutual understanding and interactions between Taiwan and the international community.
Applicants require TOEFL 550, IELTS 5.5 or they must pass university’s entrance examination.
- Application Deadline: Applicants need to submit the following documents to local embassies or missions before the announced deadline (In principle, the yearly application period is from February 1 through March 31.
- Course Level: Scholarships provide opportunities to increase applicants understanding of Taiwanese culture and society, and to promote mutual understanding and interactions between Taiwan and the international community.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are available to undertake Huayu courses at a registered Mandarin Language Center approved by the MOE.\
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships will include a Monthly stipend of 25,000 NTD.
- Number of Scholarships: 16 scholarships, of which 1(12 months) is given to designated person/people and 15scholarships will be open to all applicants.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Republic of China (Taiwan)
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students (except Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao SAR students) can apply for the scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this scholarship:-
- International applicants above the age of 18, who possess a high school diploma or above, have shown excellent academic performance, and are of good moral character, are eligible. Candidates with one of the following qualifications may not apply: Is an overseas Chinese student or a national of the R.O.C. Is currently registered as a student at a Mandarin Language Center or has sought a degree from a university or college in Taiwan. Has already received a HES or a Taiwan Scholarship, in the past. Is an exchange student to Taiwan, during the scholarship period? Is currently receiving financial benefits from the Taiwan government or another educational institution
- English language/Test Requirements: Free English Language testing for students from English speaking countries. Free English Language testing for students from countries in which English is the major teaching language on condition that the relevant proof documents were provided. TOEFL 550, IELTS 5.5 or pass university’s entrance examination. In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:- An application form (see appendix 1; provided by local embassies or missions). A photocopy of his/her passport or any other documents that can verify the nationality of the applicant. A photocopy of the certificate of the highest credential and transcript. A photocopy of the applications to the Mandarin Language Center. Other documents required by local embassies or missions.
For more information please clilck this link : http://english.moe.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=6777&CtNode=10634&mp=1