The Faculty of Cultural Studies, Universitas Brawijaya, was legalized through the Decree of the Rector of Universitas Brawijaya No: 0279A/SK/2009 on August 10, 2009, which consists of three departments.
- The Department of Languages and Literature houses
- the regular undergraduate programs of English Literature, Japanese Literature, French Language and Literature, Chinese Literature, and Masters in Linguistics
- the international undergraduate programs of English Literature, Japanese Literature, and Chinese Literature.
- The Department of Language Education houses the undergraduate programs of English Language Education, Japanese Language Education, and Indonesian Language and Literature Education.
- The Department of Arts and Cultural Anthropology houses the undergraduate programs of Fine Arts and Anthropology.
All of these study programs have been accredited with grades A and B. Besides, the Study Program of Japanese Literature has obtained AUN QA certification.
The international classes and students from various parts of the world who are involved in the Double Degree and Exchange Program show that the education at the Faculty of Cultural Studies, Universitas Brawijaya, has been recognized internationally. The curriculum has been specifically designed to answer the challenges of the world of work and academics in the global era. The Faculty of Cultural Studies, Universitas Brawijaya also plays an active role in scientific activities involving practitioners and scientists from leading institutions in Indonesia. Also, national and international scholarships are offered to the students. In the field of research, the Faculty of Cultural Studies develops superior researches in the field of culture to increase its competitiveness. In the field of community service, the Faculty of Cultural Studies, Universitas Brawijaya is also involved in empowering human resources through fostered partners. Public trust in the Faculty of Cultural Studies, Universitas Brawijaya, increases along with the improvement of technology-based service with the implementation of an efficient, and transparent administration. Collaboration is also established with various parties on a local, regional, national, and international scale. The Faculty of Cultural Studies, Universitas Brawijaya also supports mentoring services for students with disabilities which aim to increase the accessibility of educational services. Armed with optimism, the Faculty of Cultural Sciences, Universitas Brawijaya is confident because it has and will continue to make achievements in the national and international realms.